High Copy Plasmid Prep: 96well block format only. $100/block for UC labs
We accept only Costar 3961 Culture block that is compatible with our instrument.
This service utilizes magnetic bead technology for high-throughput purification of plasmid DNA from E. coli. It works well for high plasmids. For low copy plasmids, please see the special instruction below for growing the cultures.
Contact us the day before submitting your cultures to confirm that someone will be available to process your samples. We cannot accept culture blocks on the weekend.
To take advantage of this, you will need:
For Low Copy Plasmid Prep, please grow your culture in culture tubes using Terrific broth or 2YT broth + antibiotic (NO LB broth) with shaking for 16-20 hours and transfer 2ml of the culture in a 96well block.
Custom Genomic DNA Prep: 96well block format only. $150/block for UC labs.
Please contact Eileen directly to inquire
2. Adjust pH to 7.0 with 5N NaOH
3. Bring the volume to 1000mo with dH2O
4. Sterilize by autoclaving.
1. Mix following four ingredients and sterilize by autoclaving
2. Allow liquid to cool to less than 60oC
3. Add 100ml of 1M Potassium phosphate solution
2. Sterile filter this solution through a 0.22 micron filter OR autoclave
Copyright © 2018 UC Berkeley DNA Sequencing Facility - All Rights Reserved.